From: CR on
Does anyone have any link or results of speech quality comparison
between IMBE vocoder (or AMBE) and MELPe / MELP vocoder at rates 2400,
1200, 600 bps?

I heard MELPe vocoder sounds much better, is that true?

What about other aspects such as robustness to background noise &
channel errors?

Claudia R.
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

CR wrote:

> Does anyone have any link or results of speech quality comparison
> between IMBE vocoder (or AMBE) and MELPe / MELP vocoder at rates 2400,
> 1200, 600 bps?

You can see it for yourself.

MELP samples are here:

http://www.signalogic.com/

MBE samples are here:

http://www.spiritdsp.com
http://www.dvsinc.com

> I heard MELPe vocoder sounds much better, is that true?

Yes.

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

http://www.abvolt.com

From: fizteh89 on
What's the difference between MELP and MELPe ?

As far as I know, MELP algorithm is described in some original
articles, books on speech coding, US patents and there is even some
reference C code available from some web site.

Where is MELPe algorithm described ? (other than in Compandent's
marketing brochures)

From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

fizteh89 wrote:

BTW, did you graduate MiPh&T?

> What's the difference between MELP and MELPe ?

MELPe is brand name for MELP below 2400 bps. The main difference from
the original MELP is in the advanced VQ of the parameters.

> As far as I know, MELP algorithm is described in some original
> articles, books on speech coding, US patents and there is even some
> reference C code available from some web site.
>
> Where is MELPe algorithm described ? (other than in Compandent's
> marketing brochures)

MELPe 1200/2400 is adopted as a federal standard MIL-STD-3005. The
documentation should be available.

From: fizteh89 on

>BTW, did you graduate MiPh&T?

Yep, FOPF back in 1989.

Did you ?

>MELPe 1200/2400 is adopted as a federal standard MIL-STD-3005. The
>documentation should be available.

Where ?

IPR-wise, what additional US patents are included in MELPe standard (if
you happen to know) ?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: TI 320C6713