From: ashraf_al_ani via SQLMonster.com on
Dear All
I am trying to attach the database so when i press attach
ive got this error MICROSOFT SQL-DMO (odbc sql state 42000)
ERROR 5172 :the header file for e\salary_log.ldf is not a valid databse file
header the page audit property is incorrect

please any idea???

best regards

From: Erland Sommarskog on
ashraf_al_ani via SQLMonster.com (u54845(a)uwe) writes:
> I am trying to attach the database so when i press attach ive got this
> error MICROSOFT SQL-DMO (odbc sql state 42000) ERROR 5172 :the header
> file for e\salary_log.ldf is not a valid databse file header the page
> audit property is incorrect
>
> please any idea???

Which version of SQL Server does the supposed database file comes from?

Which version do you try to attach it on?

You can't attach a file from a higher version of SQL Server on a lower
version.

Links for SQL Server Books Online: