From: Ralf Baechle on
On Sun, May 02, 2010 at 02:43:52PM -0700, Kevin Cernekee wrote:

> The "nofpu" and "nodsp" kernel command line options currently do not
> affect CPUs that are brought online later in the boot process or
> hotplugged at runtime. It is desirable to apply the nofpu/nodsp options
> to all CPUs in the system, so that surprising results are not seen when
> a process migrates from one CPU to another.

I like this patch; this solution is also cleaner than iterating over the
cpu data array. However as it constitutes a change in established kernel
behaviour I prefer to queue this patch for 2.6.35 rather than applying it
immediately.

Thanks!

Ralf
From: Ralf Baechle on
On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 09:19:59PM +0100, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > The "nofpu" and "nodsp" kernel command line options currently do not
> > affect CPUs that are brought online later in the boot process or
> > hotplugged at runtime. It is desirable to apply the nofpu/nodsp options
> > to all CPUs in the system, so that surprising results are not seen when
> > a process migrates from one CPU to another.
>
> I like this patch; this solution is also cleaner than iterating over the
> cpu data array. However as it constitutes a change in established kernel
> behaviour I prefer to queue this patch for 2.6.35 rather than applying it
> immediately.

I've moved definitions of mips_fpu_disabled, fpu_disable, mips_dsp_disabled
and dsp_disable from setup.c to cpu-probe.c to allow mips_fpu_disabled and
mips_dsp_disabled to become static.

Ralf