From: cpshah99 on
>Ah I see... I completely overlooked the eigenvalue spread. So how are
these
>equalizers used in the real world since not all channels are 'pretty'?
What
>kind of special restrictions can u put on the equalizer to make it more
>robust to any channel?

Well....in real life people use MLSE equalizer...at least in the case of RF
(Not Underwater comms).....they assume that the channel remains constant
during the packet transmission.....then they estimate the channel using any
estimation algorithm and then apply Viterbi decoding...

And in the worst case the receiver asks for re-transmission...

Well this is what I think..

Chintan
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2