From: Tim Roberts on
DANNY <danijel.gvero(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hm, well I see that and now I am thinking of using reference software
>for MPEG4/10 which is written in c++ http://iphome.hhi.de/suehring/tml/
>just to use it as a decoder on my client side, save the file in that
>format and then play it in my player using pyffmpeg
>http://code.google.com/p/pyffmpeg/ and just manipulate frames in that
>clip-I think that could be possible....am I right?

After you have passed the video through a decoder, it's no longer in MPEG
format at all. It's just a series of bitmaps, so pyffmpeg wouldn't apply.

If you want to save the raw MPEG data, you can certainly do that, but such
data is often not divided into "frames".
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: DANNY on
If I want to have a MPEG-4/10 coded video and stream it through the
network and than have the same video on the client side, what should I
use and of course I don't want to have raw MPEG data, because than I
couldn't extract the frames to manipulate them.
From: Rhodri James on
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:50:14 -0000, DANNY <danijel.gvero(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> If I want to have a MPEG-4/10 coded video and stream it through the
> network and than have the same video on the client side, what should I
> use and of course I don't want to have raw MPEG data, because than I
> couldn't extract the frames to manipulate them.

By the looks of it, pyffmpeg may have some support for streamed input. If
not, you might be able to put something together from tstools
(http://developer.berlios.de/projects/tstools/) -- it's not what the tools
were intended for, but there are Python bindings to the libraries that
might help depending on exactly how you are streaming your video.
Unfortunately the documentation is sparse to put it mildly, and pyffmpeg
makes tstools look positively informative about how you're supposed to use
it.

From: Tim Roberts on
DANNY <danijel.gvero(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>If I want to have a MPEG-4/10 coded video and stream it through the
>network and than have the same video on the client side, what should I
>use and of course I don't want to have raw MPEG data, because than I
>couldn't extract the frames to manipulate them.

If you want to manipulate the frames (as bitmaps), then you have little
choice but to decode the MPEG as you receive it, manipulate the bitmaps,
and re-encode it back to MPEG.

That's going to take a fair amount of time...
From: DANNY on
On Feb 21, 1:54 am, Tim Roberts <t...(a)probo.com> wrote:
> DANNY <danijel.gv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >If I want to have a MPEG-4/10 coded video and stream it through the
> >network and than have the same video on the client side, what should I
> >use and of course I don't want to have raw MPEG data, because than I
> >couldn't extract the frames to manipulate them.
>
> If you want to manipulate the frames (as bitmaps), then you have little
> choice but to decode the MPEG as you receive it, manipulate the bitmaps,
> and re-encode it back to MPEG.
>
> That's going to take a fair amount of time...
> --
> Tim Roberts, t...(a)probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Yes, well beside bieng time-consuming, that is also inappropriate for
me,
because I want to have clip that would be streamed across the network
and
have the same GoP on the client side as the original-because I want to
see
what is the effect of errors on different GoP sizes. I would
manipuleta the
received clip just in the way that (if there are too many errors) I
would
stop displaying untill the next I frame.....I cant find a way to do
that....is there a way?