From: Sorting in a Graph on
How can I restrict some users accessing specific forms/tables? Since 2007
removed user level security; how can 2007 handle this?
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
It cannot be done for tables. For forms you can roll your own security by
integrating with Windows login username. But since the users can get to the
table that would store this information, it isn't 100% foolproof. The
alternative is to code each form with specific permissions for each user.

To get the Windows login credentials, see:

http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0008.htm
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Sorting in a Graph" <SortinginaGraph(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7266CCEE-B9DD-49C8-A0CD-3DC9FB2AB1C2(a)microsoft.com...

From: Citipool on
Arvin,

Would you suggest creating a form to act as Login form then use Dev's code
under OnClick property for the Username text box? would that be sufficient
enough? or is there another way to implement it?

Thanks:)

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
I would use a Login button under the text box. That gives you a bit more
flexibility with the code.

Remember, like a lock, this is security only for honest people who aren't
trying to break it. It provides no more real security than a veil can hide
the face of a beautiful woman.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: a a r o n . k e m p f on
Access Data Projects can restrict permissions to tables just perfectly

that's why they killed ULS.. because ADP security is sooooo vastly
superior

On May 12, 7:59 am, Sorting in a Graph
<SortinginaGr...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How can I restrict some users accessing specific forms/tables? Since 2007
> removed user level security; how can 2007 handle this?

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: strMail Query!
Next: Remote desktop software