From: Shrinivasan T on
Hi,

Use Thunderbird.
http://support.real-time.com/tbird/outlook_import.html

Install "lightning" calendar plugin.
you have to export outlook calendar and can import in lightning.

Please share your experiences here.

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My experiences with Linux are here
http://goinggnu.wordpress.com

For Free and Open Source Jobs
http://fossjobs.in

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Joshua Lee" on
If you are using outlook in a corperate environment, then so am I and
this is how I just got around it. I use OpenOffice, instead of
MicrosoftOffice.
I got the exchange server admin to turn on the MSExchange iMap module
on.
I use thunderbird to get my email from the exchange server.
I actually had to download and install active perl onto my windows
machine.
Then I tested this perl script:
http://rasterweb.net/raster/2004/09/10/20040910110000/

Then I wrote a bat file (simply calling the perl script and writing the
output to a calendar file)
Then I setup Sunbird as my calendar, referenced my work calendar, and
told it to reload external calendars every 10 minutes.

I did all this because I have a home office and a DC office. I work
from home half the time but hate Microsoft products, so when at home, I
utilize as much open source stuff as I can.

________________________________

Joshua R. Lee
Senior Software Engineer
Global Telecom & Technology
8484 Westpark Drive, Suite 720
McLean, VA 22102 USA
Office +1 (703) 442-5500 ext 528
Direct +1 (703) 442-5528
Cell +1 (302) 824-6858
Fax +1 (703) 442-5595
Joshua.Lee(a)GT-T.net

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is
confidential, is intended only for the use of the individual named
above, and includes information which is or may be legally privileged.
Any review, use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution of
the information in this transmittal other than by the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error,
please notify me by e-mail immediately and delete the original message,
any and all attachments, and all copies from all locations in your
computer systems.

From: "Joshua Lee" on
P.S.
I just found an update to that calendar thing. I know this isn't
OpenOffice, but in your message you did mention the calendar in outlook.

http://rasterweb.net/raster/2010/06/28/

This might help you, it might not. I hope it does.