From: duckstandard on

Cal Who wrote:
> I have an MS wireless laser 6000 v2 keyboard.
>
> The audio volume control does not work.
>
> When I press it the screen control image does not show nor does the volume
> change.
>
> I do not believe it is hardware because it use to work.
>
> I formatted my system disk and re-installed XP a few months ago and then it
> stopped working.
>
> I believe it worked early in the process and stopped as I added updates but
> am not sure about that.
>
> Got any idea what might fix it?

Drivers for that specific keyboard?
From: Anteaus on
These special keys often require that a system-tray program is run, to
respond to the inputs and present onscreen displays. You can probably
download this from Microsoft.

Unless there is a pressing reason I would do without. Just another silly
gimmick, really, and often results in other keyboard shortcuts failing to
work as they should.