From: Greg Lovern on
I used the datepicker control from MSCOMCT2.OCX in Excel VBA, and I
ensure that MSCOMCT2.OCX is present and registered on each computer.
It works fine on most computers.

But now on a new computer I can't register it. When I try to register
it (with regsvr32), I get the error:

System Error &H80040111 (-2147221231). ClassFactory cannot supply
requested class

How can I get it to register? Normally regsvr32 has no problem
registering MSCOMCT2.OCX.

(I know that it is not registered because when I try to instantiate
the datepicker control, I get the error "Object library invalid or
contains references to object definitions that could not be found")

Thanks,

Greg
From: Harald Staff on
Hi Greg

Would this new wonder machine by any chance be running the marvellous very
safe Windows Vista operating system ?

If so, do not try to place and register anything in the Windows/system32
catalog or anywhere near system files, it assumes you are a madman and
refuses to do it even with an admin account. Try putting it in a "normal"
innnocent looking folder and regsvr32 it from there (full path).

HTH. Best wishes Harald