From: Boris P. on
Just a question:

Let's say I have 2 USB devices connected to the computer, would MSComm
allow me only connecting to one at a time?
That's what how it appears to me, but I am not sure if I didn't make any
mistake.
If somebody could just confirm that only 1 at a time is possible, it
would already give me a push in the right direction to think.
From: David Kerber on
In article <uzZ$9m1ILHA.3732(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>,
bpnotvalid(a)nospamhotmail.com says...

> Just a question:
>
> Let's say I have 2 USB devices connected to the computer, would MSComm
> allow me only connecting to one at a time?
> That's what how it appears to me, but I am not sure if I didn't make any
> mistake.
> If somebody could just confirm that only 1 at a time is possible, it
> would already give me a push in the right direction to think.

That would depend on the device and its drivers. If you have RS-232
devices through USB-to-232 converters, you can hit all of them since
they just show up as additional comm ports (comm5, comm6, etc).

From: Henning on

"Boris P." <bpnotvalid(a)nospamhotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> Just a question:
>
> Let's say I have 2 USB devices connected to the computer, would MSComm
> allow me only connecting to one at a time?
> That's what how it appears to me, but I am not sure if I didn't make any
> mistake.
> If somebody could just confirm that only 1 at a time is possible, it would
> already give me a push in the right direction to think.

You have to add a MSComm control for each Comport.

/Henning

From: Boris P. on
The two controls-thing is interesting.

Yes, one goes by a USB-to-232 converter, and the other one is called
directly by APIs.
When I attach only one of them, everything goes fine.

But when I attach both, I get either

1) An error in the comm-control, saying that the port is already open,
and when I try to send data, it tells me that the port has to be opened...

2) A data when I try to send that data by the APIs, I get an error.

Is that normal?
From: Boris P. on
Sorry, misspelt: