From: Luke on
Hi All,
Randomly I will receive a warning along the lines of the following:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchange Availability
Event Category: Availability Service
Event ID: 4011
Date: 22/06/2010
Time: 12:28:18
User: N/A
Computer: MAILSERVER
Process 4708[w3wp.exe:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/EWS-1-129094528207433750]:
Configuration for forest gmail.com was not found in Active Directory. Run the
Add-AvailabilityAddressSpace command in the Exchange Management Shell for an
Exchange Server 2003 Active Directory forest.

Now I probably do NOT want to add that space as mentioned in the error.. but
does anyone know why this occurs?

Is it possibly because a user account in AD has the email address set to a
gmail.com address rather then their Exchange email account?

I know of another user who has a different domain (external) email address
in their AD details but I never see their domain mentioned in these errors.

WHY cant users just do what the manual tells them??!?!?!?!?!? :(

Thanks!
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:29:50 -0700, Luke
<Luke(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi All,
>Randomly I will receive a warning along the lines of the following:
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: MSExchange Availability
>Event Category: Availability Service
>Event ID: 4011
>Date: 22/06/2010
>Time: 12:28:18
>User: N/A
>Computer: MAILSERVER
>Process 4708[w3wp.exe:/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/EWS-1-129094528207433750]:
>Configuration for forest gmail.com was not found in Active Directory. Run the
>Add-AvailabilityAddressSpace command in the Exchange Management Shell for an
>Exchange Server 2003 Active Directory forest.
>
>Now I probably do NOT want to add that space as mentioned in the error.. but
>does anyone know why this occurs?
>
>Is it possibly because a user account in AD has the email address set to a
>gmail.com address rather then their Exchange email account?
>
>I know of another user who has a different domain (external) email address
>in their AD details but I never see their domain mentioned in these errors.

I suppose you can also try turning off proxying by modifying
web.config file:

<addkey=�bypassproxyforcrossforestrequests� value=�1�>

>WHY cant users just do what the manual tells them??!?!?!?!?!? :(

Because they wouldn be Lusers if they did. But, then again, I could
ask the same question about admins (including me!). :-)
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP