From: David on
I use both a textbox and several combos on my MSFlexgrid for
Adding or Editing the grid. When I'm in "Add or Edit" mode
and scroll the grid the position of the textbox and combos does NOT stay
with the row being edited or added. I've tried the following, but when "Add
or Edit" mode is entered the Scroll bar event seems to
get in an infinite loop. Any idea how to trap the Scroll event (this
triggers for both horizontal and vertical scroll) to allow the textbox and
combos to either track the row of interest or shut them off so they are
not visible if the row is not visible???

Private Sub MSFlexGrid1_Scroll()

Select Case miEditMode

Case EDIT_EDIT, EDIT_ADD
With MSFlexGrid1
If .RowsVisible(miSaveRow) Then
' '= False Then .TopRow = .Row
Call SetEditControls(True)
Else
Call SetEditControls(False)
End If
End With
Case Else

End Select

End Sub

From: David on
Please note code line should read:

If .RowIsVisible(miSaveRow) Then

From: Phil Hunt on
what you show is not enough. maybe your setEditControls mug around with the
row or column index which will trigger scroll event again. BTW,
RowsIsVisible is not very reliable. I have the same program running on
different PC, one work one does not.
Didi you try using the click event, it gives you the row / column index to
work with.

From: David on
Mr. Hunt:

Thanks for responding.
You'll need to enlighten me a little further.

The _Click event does Not trigger when Scrolling.
I use the _Click to obtain the row of interest when I go into "EDIT or "ADD"
mode.
However as indicated --- with my scroll code -- the scroll event for some
reason goes into a loop.

All SetEditControls does is Position the various controls (it does use .Row
with .TextMatrix however) and toggles the visibility of the various
controls. Hence the select case in the scroll event. I'm using

>> If .RowsIsVisible(miSaveRow) Then

to check whether the row being "Edited" is on or off the screen to know
whether the controls needed to positioned while scrolling.

From: Phil Hunt on
Can't you have code in click event to position your control ?