From: Mason C on
In ten words or less (to save you labour here), what makes css box positioning
differ among these browsers?

( I have a table-layout page being converted to css by this beginner and it
looks great in the MSIE7 editing monitor but some of the box positions
are an inch or so wrong in Firefox.)

Thanks,

MasonC
From: Jonathan N. Little on
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Mason C wrote:
>

>> Looks good! I'm proud of my page. (no links out of this draft)
>
> You really like all of that jumping around as you move the mouse about?

It's like watching Jack Lalane in HTML! 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2...whew what a
workout! Rarely does effects that force page re-layouts look good.

> It *is* better than this page, mentioned elsewhere recently:
> http://www.hosanna1.com/

Yeah, that's a classic.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
From: dorayme on
In article <doraymeRidThis-177AF0.19490203122009(a)news.albasani.net>,
dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> and then later ask yourself whether it is worth the simplicity
> of not having them for you to have them. They can easily make sites
> worse touse.

Christ! "and then later ask if the site really gains from popups. They
can easily make things worse."

--
dorayme
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 23:04:41 -0500, "Jonathan N. Little"
<lws4art(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Mason C wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks good! I'm proud of my page. (no links out of this draft)
>>
>> You really like all of that jumping around as you move the mouse about?
>
>It's like watching Jack Lalane in HTML! 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2...whew what a
>workout! Rarely does effects that force page re-layouts look good.
>
>> It *is* better than this page, mentioned elsewhere recently:
>> http://www.hosanna1.com/
>>

>Yeah, that's a classic.

But, but, that was done by a 'professional' designer !
(Well, she charges for her services)

'We will do it all for a very competitive price. AND we will
do updates when YOU want, for a very reasonable price.'

http://www.hosanna1.com/AAAWWW/index.html
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Josiah Jenkins wrote:

>>Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>>> It *is* better than this page, mentioned elsewhere recently:
>>> http://www.hosanna1.com/
>
> But, but, that was done by a 'professional' designer !

Real professionals do not use Microsoft Publisher.

> (Well, she charges for her services)

...hopefully, not any more than the price of a cup of coffee.

Can you spell "travesty?"

Travesty Trav"es*ty, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Travestied; p. pr.
& vb. n. Travesting.]
To translate, imitate, or represent, so as to render
ridiculous or ludicrous.
[1913 Webster]

--
-bts