From: Geoff on
Hi, hoping someone can help me here. I've used MSN Messenger just fine for
around ten years now, and version 7.0 for a number of years. A few days ago
it stopped working, and even deleting it from my computer and reinstalling
from the Microsoft website doesn't solve the problem.

When I log into MSN Messenger, it briefly opens and displays my contacts (I
can see who is or isn't online), but then within about 2 or 3 seconds an
error message pops up, and the program closes.

The error message reads:

"msnmsgr.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will
need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

Restarting the program just repeats the error, and reinstalling the program
still generates the error.

No changes have been made to my computer, and I cannot install a newer
version as no newer versions exist for Windows 2000.

Firefox is my default browser, but IE6 is installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Geoff

Pages: 1
Prev: Live Messenger - Signing In