From: Dan Spada <Dan on
Hey,

I have just upgraded to MSN Messenger 7.5 (Build 7.5.0299) and I have come
across a problem I havent had with previous versions.

In the past I have had to enter my HTTP proxy manually for msn, which is
good. We have two HTTP proxy servers at work. One for general web traffic
(monitored), and our other one which routes through a different internet
connection.

The problem is that the new MSN only lets me use the Proxy in our IE
settings, which I cant use. Is there any way of setting the http proxy server
ONLY for MSN?

A reg setting or something? maybe? I hope??
From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings Dan,

I'm afraid not -- they've completly put Messenger into WinInet, so that IE settings are the
only option. You'll have to go back to 7.0 to get this functionality back:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=41e73676-f589-496a-bb0b-efb7668b4ff7
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Dan Spada" <Dan Spada(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I have just upgraded to MSN Messenger 7.5 (Build 7.5.0299) and I have come
> across a problem I havent had with previous versions.
>
> In the past I have had to enter my HTTP proxy manually for msn, which is
> good. We have two HTTP proxy servers at work. One for general web traffic
> (monitored), and our other one which routes through a different internet
> connection.
>
> The problem is that the new MSN only lets me use the Proxy in our IE
> settings, which I cant use. Is there any way of setting the http proxy server
> ONLY for MSN?
>
> A reg setting or something? maybe? I hope??

Pages: 1
Prev: MSN
Next: Error Code 80048820