From: mattman on
I'm currently running MSN 7 on WIndows XP. My problem is that just recently
my msn has been signing me out every few minutes and then reconnecting me. My
internet connection is still active so it's not that. I have updated the
firmware on my router and have tried doing the %appdata%\MIcrosoft thing like
posted here. It's getting very frustrating and I am unable to maintain
conversations now. I've looked everywhere for help and this is my last hope.
Somebody please help me.

Are there other experiencing this?
From: Jonathan Kay [MVP] on
Greetings,

It's possible your ISP has some proxy setup which Messenger is grabbing and causing this to
happen. To override in this possibility, click the Tools menu, then Options, then Advanced
Settings button, make sure everything is unchecked -except- for TCP and click the 'Test TCP
Connection' button. Assuming the test is successful click OK twice and then try signing in
again.
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"mattman" <mattman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently running MSN 7 on WIndows XP. My problem is that just recently
> my msn has been signing me out every few minutes and then reconnecting me. My
> internet connection is still active so it's not that. I have updated the
> firmware on my router and have tried doing the %appdata%\MIcrosoft thing like
> posted here. It's getting very frustrating and I am unable to maintain
> conversations now. I've looked everywhere for help and this is my last hope.
> Somebody please help me.
>
> Are there other experiencing this?

Pages: 1
Prev: Error code 80096001