From: Lars Uffmann on
Hey everyone!

I'm currently working to bring the Eclipse/MinGW/MSYS installation guide
up to date, and discovered that devs made a horrible mess out of the
MSYS/MinGW installation, as can be seen here:
http://www.mingw.org/

What it boils down to, is: I used to install (according to guides) MinGW
first, then MSYS. Now you need MSYS core components (and a lot of them)
in order to even *get* the latest MinGW files (script on page). So I
wanted to get MSYS - only to find out that they currently do not provide
an installer.

So, according to recommendation, I started downloading the components I
need - only to find that this is an iterative process: downloading
component a & b, try the script, get error message hinting to component
c, that I need, retrying, finding out about component d and so on and so
forth. Really poor judgement there to remove the installer feature / set
up the MinGW/MSYS download page.

The thing is - I'll create a guide anyways, but I am currently getting
an error message (by wget, I guess) that it needs msys-crypto-1.0.0.dll
- and that file isn't contained in the MSYS libcrypt dll download.

Has anyone recently succeeded in installing MSYS from scratch with these
component downloads? I'd like a pointer as to where that dll is
contained. I'll start downloading each and every component now to find
out, and that sucks..

Once I succeed, the updated guide will be posted at
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Eclipse,_CDT_&_MingW_&_MSYS_Setup_Guide

Cheers,

Lars