From: Alan T on
I have a page have 2 dropdown list on it.
eg.
employee (John, Peter, Mary, ...)
offices (eg. New York, Chicago, ...)

These will be fetched from database to populate it.
I have defined data access object and business object for these 2 classes.

Do I need to create a model for each of them to linke to dropdown list?
Or just like normal datasource to do population?

I think I should have a model link to this 'View'.
So what should I do?

From: Man T on
>I have a page have 2 dropdown list on it.
> eg.
> employee (John, Peter, Mary, ...)
> offices (eg. New York, Chicago, ...)
>
> These will be fetched from database to populate it.
> I have defined data access object and business object for these 2 classes.
>
> Do I need to create a model for each of them to linke to dropdown list?
> Or just like normal datasource to do population?
>
> I think I should have a model link to this 'View'.
> So what should I do?

I have created a simple ASP.NET website at the moment:
1) main page
menu list on the left of category
eg.
Technical Staff
Administrative Staff

When click one of the staff type will display positions of the category
eg.
Click Tecnical Staff will display on the right:
Repair Engineer
Technician
Telecommunication Engineer

These are hardcoded, not from database

2) When click on one of these positions:
Will display selection criteria of this position.
eg.
a) If click on Technician will display:
'Department' dropdown list
'Office' dropdown list

b) If click on Repair Engineer will display
'Specialty' dropdownlist
'Supervisor' dropdown list

This third page will depends on the staff type selected.

After selection of the 2 dropdown list, a record will be inserted to a
table.

I want to reshape the 'model', actually I want to use MVC to build my
application.
BUT it will take much time to learn MVC 2 framework.
Anyway I can simulate a MVC model without using MVC 2 framework?

From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> So what should I do?

Use Model View Presenter, which is easier and more flexible to use than MVC.

What is Model -View- Presenter?

MVP is a software pattern considered a derivative of the
Model-view-controller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_View_Presenter

MODEL-VIEW-PRESENTER

http://www.polymorphicpodcast.com/

click 'Shows'

click 'Design Patterns Bootcamp: Model View * Patterns*

view parts 1-5

After you get the basics, then use Bing or Google to find out how to use MVP
with dependency injection, which would be injecting the view and the service
into the presenter.