From: Alan T on
VWD 2010 Express
I am starting to develope a web application, so to get it start with very
simple one first:

Main page:
- 2 radio buttons (laballed as Employee and Orders)
- button labelled as 'GO'
- click 'GO' will go to Employee or Orders page

Employee page:
- drop down list
- display all employee names from database
- button labelled as 'OK'
- select an employee and click 'OK' and back to Main page

Order page:
- drop down list
- display all order numbers from database
- button labelled as 'OK'
- select an order and click 'OK' and back to Main page

When back to Main page, the employee or order selected will be displayed in
an edit box.

So this is a dummy test application. I just wonder instead of using MS MVC2
framework, any tutorials for me to implement general MVC in my this dummy
project?

I know MS MVC2 has a bit of learning curve so at the moment would like to
avoid it.

From: Cubaman on
On Jul 19, 8:34 am, "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pl...(a)yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> VWD 2010 Express
> I am starting to develope a web application, so to get it start with very
> simple one first:
>
> Main page:
> - 2 radio buttons (laballed as Employee and Orders)
> - button labelled as 'GO'
> - click 'GO' will go to Employee or Orders page
>
> Employee page:
> - drop down list
> - display all employee names from database
> - button labelled as 'OK'
> - select an employee and click 'OK' and back to Main page
>
> Order page:
> - drop down list
> - display all order numbers from database
> - button labelled as 'OK'
> - select an order and click 'OK' and back to Main page
>
> When back to Main page, the employee or order selected will be displayed in
> an edit box.
>
> So this is a dummy test application. I just wonder instead of using MS MVC2
> framework, any tutorials for me to implement general MVC in my this dummy
> project?
>
> I know MS MVC2 has a bit of learning curve so at the moment would like to
> avoid it.

Take a look at:
http://nerddinnerbook.s3.amazonaws.com/Intro.htm
http://nerddinner.codeplex.com/

Best regards.
From: Mr. Arnold on
On 7/19/2010 2:34 AM, Alan T wrote:
> VWD 2010 Express
> I am starting to develope a web application, so to get it start with very
> simple one first:
>
> Main page:
> - 2 radio buttons (laballed as Employee and Orders)
> - button labelled as 'GO'
> - click 'GO' will go to Employee or Orders page
>
> Employee page:
> - drop down list
> - display all employee names from database
> - button labelled as 'OK'
> - select an employee and click 'OK' and back to Main page
>
> Order page:
> - drop down list
> - display all order numbers from database
> - button labelled as 'OK'
> - select an order and click 'OK' and back to Main page
>
> When back to Main page, the employee or order selected will be displayed in
> an edit box.
>
> So this is a dummy test application. I just wonder instead of using MS MVC2
> framework, any tutorials for me to implement general MVC in my this dummy
> project?
>
> I know MS MVC2 has a bit of learning curve so at the moment would like to
> avoid it.

Maybe you should look at MVP a derivative of MVC.

MODEL-VIEW-PRESENTER

http://www.polymorphicpodcast.com/

click 'Shows'

click 'Design Patterns Bootcamp: Model View * Patterns*

view parts 1-5

From: Alan T on
> So this is a dummy test application. I just wonder instead of using MS
> MVC2
> framework, any tutorials for me to implement general MVC in my this dummy
> project?
>
> I know MS MVC2 has a bit of learning curve so at the moment would like to
> avoid it.

Take a look at:
http://nerddinnerbook.s3.amazonaws.com/Intro.htm
http://nerddinner.codeplex.com/

Hi,
So this is using the MS MVC Framework?

From: Man T on

> Maybe you should look at MVP a derivative of MVC.
>
> MODEL-VIEW-PRESENTER
>
> http://www.polymorphicpodcast.com/
>
> click 'Shows'
>
> click 'Design Patterns Bootcamp: Model View * Patterns*
>
> view parts 1-5

For the MVC, it looks like I cannot use WebControls from VWD tool box?
eg Calendar, dropdownlist?

And I can only 'manually' add html code to create these controls?