From: Bob Campbell on
CB,

There are so many options for you.

Did you do a Google or Bing search? Take a look at http://www.dos2usb.com/.

You can also redirect an LPT printer port to a USB port. See
http://www.decompile.com/dataflex/tips/usb_printer.htm.

My favorite solution (if I may suggest) is to rewrite the DOS program as a
window program and use a USB laser printer (whatever width you need) as
output. It can be very cost effective. But of course, I've written hundreds
of DOS and Windows programs; I'm a professional software developer.

P.S. It's called a dot matrix printer, not a dot metric printer.

Bob.

"CB" <clairebennet1974(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
Dear All,

I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using
EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
Thanks in Advance.
CB

From: Bruce Chambers on
CB wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
> work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) get printout We are using
> EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
> Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
> But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
> Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
> connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.
> Thanks in Advance.
> CB

Create a network share for the printer (This can be done even if
your PC is the only member of its workgroup), and then use the Net Use
command to redirect the DOS output. For example:

NET USE LPT1 \\ComputerName\PrinterShareName /PERSISTENT:YES

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: CB on
Thanks That is working with network. when I remove the network cable it is
not working. this machine is standalone pc. I cant connect this pc to net
work any help with this?
Thanks in advance
CB

From: 3c273 on
Make or buy a loopback plug and your machine will think it is on a network.
Instructions to make one here:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/nog-interfaces/fe-ge-loopback-creating.html#id-11866686
or buy one here:
http://www.stayonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=12156
Louis

From: alanglloyd on
On May 19, 8:31�am, "CB" <clairebennet1...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I have using a DOS Based Program on Windows XP environment to do my office
> work. That program using Parallel port to (LPT 1) �get printout We are using
> EPSON and Lexmark Wide Carriage Dot Metric Printers. Now I have a Big
> Problem I've changed the My PC to new IBM PC. All programs are working fine.
> But this Machine doesn't have a LPT (Parallel Port). All of my Printers
> Support USB But My Program doesn't support USB. Anyone please help me to
> connect my Dos Based Program to map LPT port.

Get a bi-directional USB - Parallel Port (Centronics) Adaptor - works
like a charm.

http://www.videkonline.co.uk/pages/subsections.aspx?sectionID=9

Stock Id 2475A �14 incl UK postage.

Alan Lloyd