From: Tracy on
Hello

I am trying to update a worksheet to make it more efficient and easier to
use. I would like one point of data entry for the final user, 'hide' the
main formula worksheet, and then just have the printable, user-friendly
formatted report sheet.
I know a little about macros (but not so much in relation to VBA) and a
little about other excel formulas (v-look up etc), but am not sure which way
to go to solve this issue. Your help would be appreciated :o)

The spreadsheet that I have contains a worksheet that lists data manually
entered (from a range of different sources and computer software system
reports unfortunately) in columns, under date headings.
I have amended this worksheet to contain all the data required and perform
some basic sum calculations for sub-categories. This all works fine – let's
call this worksheet “Raw Data”.

Q 1) Then…there is another worksheet (let's call this “Report Data”) that
will have columns, again under date headings, that will need to pull some
information from the matching date column in worksheet “Raw Data” and then
have some further calculations preformed on that data.
How do I ask/tell excel to pull the data from the matching date column in
“Raw Data” into “Report Data”? Preferably in one go/step. (Without having
to have write or act out “=RawData!A2” in ReportDataB2 each week and for
every cell?) Column to column.

Q 2) Finally…in another worksheet (called “Weekly Report <date>”), by simply
entering the date wanted, how do I pull the final calculated figures into the
printable, user-friendly formatted report sheet? Column to specific cells
through the worksheet.

Thank you very much and sorry for writing a novel of a question!

--
Regards,
Tracy
From: Darren Miller on
Perhaps if you post a sample of the file you're referring to this may help to understand your request (not even sure you can do this here). However, it seems to me the best solution for you might be pivottables. Use a dynamically adjusting range name to name the source data and then do the reports and analysis you need via a pivottable or multiple pivottables.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/Macro-or-Look-up