From: Chris Withers on 10 Aug 2010 05:04
I'm pleased to announce a new release of Mailinglogger.
Mailinglogger provides two handlers for the standard python
logging framework that enable log entries to be emailed either as the
entries are logged or as a summary at the end of the running process.
The handlers have the following features:
- customisable and dynamic subject lines for emails sent
- emails sent with an X-Mailer header for easy filtering
- flood protection to ensure the number of emails sent is not excessive
- support for SMTP servers that require authentication
- fully documented and tested
The latest releases of ZConfig provides a great way to
configure the python logging framework without having to resort to the
appalling .ini-based configuration stuff:
>>> from ZConfig import configureLoggers
.... level INFO
.... PATH STDOUT
.... format %(levelname)s %(name)s %(message)s
This release and the previous release fix some problems with
interpolating non-text objects into log messages and running the tests
in non-GMT timezones.
For more information, please see:
Simplistix - Content Management, Zope & Python Consulting