From: Steel on
Hi at all

I have a page with many links like:

First time that user click first link browsers open a new window with focus.

After, if user return to window containing links and click into 2th.link, my
old windows opened clicking first link now contain page of 2th link but have
not focus.

Hpw can I do to make focus to second window that is not a popip?

From: nick on
On Jun 30, 4:38 pm, "Steel" <st...(a)nonspam.com> wrote:

> First time that user click first link browsers open a new window with focus.
>
> After, if user return to window containing links and click into 2th.link, my
> old windows opened clicking first link now contain page of 2th link but have
> not focus.
>
> Hpw can I do to make focus to second window that is not a popip?

Something like this might work in some browsers:

var nonPopup = window.open('/link2');
nonPopup.focus();

....but it's not guaranteed. If you want to be sure that the window is
focused, your best bet is probably to close the window and open it
again...

nonPopup.close();
nonPopup = window.open('/link3');
From: Tim Down on
On Jun 30, 9:38 pm, "Steel" <st...(a)nonspam.com> wrote:
> Hi at all
>
> I have a page with many links like:

> First time that user click first link browsers open a new window with focus.
>
> After, if user return to window containing links and click into 2th.link, my
> old windows opened clicking first link now contain page of 2th link but have
> not focus.
>
> Hpw can I do to make focus to second window that is not a popip?

Firstly, contrary to common belief, using "_new" as the target has no
special meaning. You would get the same behaviour if you used
target="banana". What you may be thinking of is target="_blank", which
will always open a new window/tab for each link.

Secondly, opening new windows for links has disavantages, such as
annoying the user with multiple windows he/she may not want or even
notice. Unless you have an overwhelming reason open new windows, you
would probably be better off changing your design.

Tim