From: pnschofield on
I'm dynamically generating an XML spreadsheet in ASP.NET and setting
the content disposition to attachment so the user will be able to open
or save the document. If they select Open, "[1]" is getting appended
to the filename, which is breaking the ConsolidationReference FileName
setting in my pivot table. Is there a way to get a
ConsolidationReference to default to the current workbook?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

From: pnschofield on
Alright, let me break this down a little bit in case it wasn't clear
what I'm doing. I have a pivot table that can't connect to a live
cube, so I have it use local data within the spreadsheet. This works
as long as the filename of the spreadsheet doesn't change. The pivot
table knows to look within its own workbook (ReportOutput.xml) for the
worksheet containing the data used for the pivot table. But when
ASP.NET serves the document and the user clicks "Open," IE renames the
file to ReportOutput[1].xml, and the pivot table doesn't know where to
find the data. Is there a way to set a pivot table to just look in the
current workbook if you can't be certain what the filename of the
workbook is going to be?

Paul