From: Md.Siddique on
Hi Sir,
I need to put a formula for a cell as mandatory/compulsory it has to fill,
otherwise it will not go to the next cell. It has to display (customized)
error message.
Can anybody help me in this regard? I have Office 2000, 2003 & 2007. It has
to work in all versions.
Rgds,
Md.Siddique.
mdfiaz2000(a)gmail.com
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

Data / Data Tools group / Data Validation / in here there are various
options available to you including custom messages.

Thanks.

From: Dave Peterson on
This won't stop the user from selecting a different cell, but I'd use a formula
in an adjacent cell.

=if(a1<>"","","<-- Please enter something into this cell!")

I'd give it a big red format so that it's easy to see.

--

Dave Peterson