From: gudul on
Hi,

When I start the installation of Mandriva 2006 on 2 differents
computers, I get the message : "Could not mount compressed loopback"
and the installation stop.

The to computers are :

First: IBM x206 server, 80gb SATA hard drive, 256mb ram
Second: IBM x220 server, 18gb SCSI hard drive, 768mb ram

Thanks for the help !

From: De Kameel on
gudul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I start the installation of Mandriva 2006 on 2 differents
> computers, I get the message : "Could not mount compressed loopback"
> and the installation stop.
>
> The to computers are :
>
> First: IBM x206 server, 80gb SATA hard drive, 256mb ram
> Second: IBM x220 server, 18gb SCSI hard drive, 768mb ram
>
> Thanks for the help !

My guess: your Mandriva install CD/DVD is defect. Re-download the ISO,
check with md5sum and burn to a new CD/DVD.

HTH

de Kameel
From: Aragorn on
On Tuesday 21 February 2006 21:46, De Kameel stood up and spoke the
following words to the masses in /alt.os.linux.mandrake...:/

> gudul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I start the installation of Mandriva 2006 on 2 differents
>> computers, I get the message : "Could not mount compressed loopback"
>> and the installation stop.
>>
>> [...]
>
> My guess: your Mandriva install CD/DVD is defect. Re-download the ISO,
> check with md5sum and burn to a new CD/DVD.

.... and at low speed, preferably. ;-)

--
With kind regards,

*Aragorn*
(Registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Neil Ellwood on
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:46:46 +0100, De Kameel wrote:

> gudul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I start the installation of Mandriva 2006 on 2 differents
>> computers, I get the message : "Could not mount compressed loopback"
>> and the installation stop.
>>
>> The to computers are :
>>
>> First: IBM x206 server, 80gb SATA hard drive, 256mb ram
>> Second: IBM x220 server, 18gb SCSI hard drive, 768mb ram
>>
>> Thanks for the help !
>
> My guess: your Mandriva install CD/DVD is defect. Re-download the ISO,
> check with md5sum and burn to a new CD/DVD.
>
> HTH
>
> de Kameel
I found that I could not burn bootable cd's with windows when I got this
box and had to use ubuntu.
--
Neil
Delete l to reply