From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_J=FAnior?= on
Hi, all

Due the high load of e-mails over my link, I want that
my messages outgoing through more IPs with only postfix box.

I read about that, but not in official documentation.

I want understand how this works and how to implement.

Anyone could point me to the respective doc?

Thanks,

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272

:wq

From: Noel Jones on
On 4/15/2010 8:04 AM, Eduardo Júnior wrote:
> Hi, all
>

> Due the high load of e-mails over my link, I want that
> my messages outgoing through more IPs with only postfix box.
>
> I read about that, but not in official documentation.
>
> I want understand how this works and how to implement.
>
> Anyone could point me to the respective doc?
>

> Thanks,

See the postfix 2.7 RELEASE_NOTES, under the section labeled
"Major changes - sender reputation". That will point you to
further reading.

Of course, this feature requires postfix 2.7 or newer.

-- Noel Jones

From: Eero Volotinen on

how about: http://www.kutukupret.com/2009/11/30/postfix-smtp-outgoing-ip-rotator-using-iptables/

--
Eero

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Eduardo J�nior put forth on 4/15/2010 8:04 AM:

> Due the high load of e-mails over my link, I want that
> my messages outgoing through more IPs with only postfix box.

If you only have one physical link, how will sending mail from multiple IPs
within the same subnet solve your link congestion problem?

--
Stan

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_J=FAnior?= on
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com> wrote:
> Eduardo Júnior put forth on 4/15/2010 8:04 AM:
>
>> Due the high load of e-mails over my link, I want that
>> my messages outgoing through more IPs with only postfix box.
>
> If you only have one physical link, how will sending mail from multiple IPs
> within the same subnet solve your link congestion problem?

Currently my Postfix box outgoing e-mails through only one physical link, but
i have others available.

According to Eero, this can be done by means of firewall, using iptables.

But my main goal is to learn how to do that using Postfix, whose reference was
passed by Noel.

--
Eduardo Júnior
GNU/Linux user #423272