From: Matthew Birzon on
Company: 1010data (more info: www.1010data.com)
Type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
Functions: Information Technology
Industries: Computer Software
Location: Greater New York City Area

Job Description:

We are pushing the envelope of Wolfram Mathematica as an application
development platform. Are you a developer with excellent Wolfram
Mathematica programming skills? (Just having used Mathematica in your
calculus class at college doesn't count.) Understanding of Dynamic[]
and Mathematica 7.0 user-interface elements is a must, as is,
naturally, a thorough grounding in the functional and rewriting-based
programming styles of Mathematica. Experience with databases, data
visualization, and/or data analysis a major advantage.

Skills:

-User interface ability
-Strong data visualization experience
-Advanced coding in mathematica
-Interested in stretching limits of mathematica
-Can start ASAP

-US Citizen

Company Description:

1010data helps eliminate the gap between end users/application
developers and data - both in time and distance. In time: Data can be
made available almost immediately, with no long, up-front requirements
and design phases. In distance: The user and application developer can
be given access to atomic or even raw data rather than summarized or
processed data.

We accomplish this with a new approach to data warehousing that
rearranges the order in which things are done so that users have
better access to data sooner. We are able to employ such methodologies
because we have superior software, including the world's fastest and
most powerful analytical database management system, and decades of
experience using this type of technology in demanding environments.

1010data offers an array of products up to and including a complete
service for analyzing and reporting on large amounts of detailed data.
When a customer opts for our complete service, they simply send us the
raw data and can quickly explore it using nothing more than a web
browser. Of course more conventional, on-site installations are also
available.

Get your data up quickly. Run queries quickly. Develop analyses and
reports quickly. Access data updates quickly. No hassles. No risk.