First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
A modified StyleSheet results in FontSize fluctuations in the pdf
Dear Community, I need to write documents and spread them in the pdf format, while I would like to keep them for myself as the Mathematica notebooks containing all calculations and codes. For this purposes I like the JournalArticle format that meets all my requirements, except for the problem that the fonts... 2 Jul 2010 03:40
Run Package vs Needs
I have a package in Mathematica that works fine when I open the .m file and click "Run Package". However, when I type Needs[.] in a notebook, the package doesn't load 100%, only some functions do. The file begins with BeginPackage[".", {.}] like I think it was supposed to. I don't know... 7 Jul 2010 07:56
Linear and Exponential Chirp Functions
Group: A while back I needed an exponential chirp function and was only able to track down a linear version by Will Robertson. Hopefully someone will find these useful. linearChirp::usage = "linearChirp[f0_, f1_, t_, T_] generates a linear chirp signal with initial frequency f0 and ending frequency f1 at time ... 29 Jun 2010 09:37
Exporting a List of Tables with different Lengths to a tabulator
Hi, I am trying to export some data I imported and then manipulated with mathematica. I have a List of several Tables, i.e. ListA={TableA, TableB, TableC, ...} A typical Table looks like this: TableA={{1,2},{4,5},...}. The Tables in ListA all have the same number of columns but differing number of ro... 30 Jun 2010 08:39
Question Re PolarPlot Curve Printouts from Mathematica
Sir, I am a casual Mathematica user. I have had almost no issues so far with this wonderful program. However, I have just found that I cannot print the curves I create using the PolarPlot function. I see the curves on the computer monitor, however only the x-axis and the y-axis print -out. The ... 29 Jun 2010 08:31
Customizing Manipulate's Autorun
I was about to write to MathGroup with a question how to customize the Autorun feature of Manipulate to stop it from running the controls sequentially and instead shake them simultaneously. But when I was preparing the question I found a solution, and since it was nontrivial I want to share it. The trick was to cre... 1 Jul 2010 08:50
Elliptical gear calculations
Through two identical elliptical gears rotating about their centers, I would like to calculate the torque and angular velocity ratios as a function of the rotation angle of one of the gears. I'm not a mathematician, but an engineer working on a personal project I thought would be interesting. It is quickly becomi... 30 Jun 2010 08:39
how to automatically include own package into different
I am thinking of this: have one package, put in it all the useful functions I create and reuse. When writing a new demo, open the package notebook, and copy/paste from the package notebook the specific functions I need to use in the new demo. If I found I need to fix something in the function copied,... 29 Jun 2010 07:26
hearing a plot
NASA has a free, downloadable program called MathTrax (http://prime.jsc.nasa.gov/mathtrax/) that can plot the graph a user-specified, parameterized real-valued function of one real variable, or of an equation in two real variables. So far no big deal. But it also let's you "hear" the graph: as a vertical line ... 29 Jun 2010 07:26
Export to .xlsx or .ods ?
Trying to export a file that has too many columns for .xls (but not too many for .xlsx or .ods). Mathematica is not recognizing Export file format .xlsx or .ods. Any help? ... 1 Jul 2010 08:50