From: Gregory on
I am having the same problem with a Dell D620 laptop using its keyboard or docked to an external keyboard.

In fact the "undo" occurred several times while I was typing this message in Firefox.

Win XP, Office 2007, Firefox.

CTIPres wrote:

The "undo" function occurs randomly on various MS products
08-Feb-10

The "undo" function occurs randomly while I am using any SW application, like
MS Word, Excel, Outlook, IE, etc. I am running XP Pro, SP3 and am current
with all updates for XP and Office 2007 on a Dell D420 laptop. I have run
virus scans, RegCure, and Adware. In fact it happened twice while typing in
this message as this is the third time I typed in this last sentence. Any
help is greatly apreciated.

On Monday, February 08, 2010 3:30 PM
CTIPres wrote:

The "undo" function occurs randomly on various MS products
The "undo" function occurs randomly while I am using any SW application, like
MS Word, Excel, Outlook, IE, etc. I am running XP Pro, SP3 and am current
with all updates for XP and Office 2007 on a Dell D420 laptop. I have run
virus scans, RegCure, and Adware. In fact it happened twice while typing in
this message as this is the third time I typed in this last sentence. Any
help is greatly apreciated.

On Monday, February 08, 2010 4:09 PM
Bob I wrote:

Ctrl+Z is undo, perhaps there is a keyboard hardware problem?CTIPres wrote:
Ctrl+Z is undo, perhaps there is a keyboard hardware problem?

CTIPres wrote:

On Monday, February 08, 2010 4:38 PM
Gordon wrote:

Eh?
Eh?

On Monday, February 08, 2010 5:06 PM
CTIPres wrote:

I have a wireless keyboard attached to the laptop.
I have a wireless keyboard attached to the laptop. I toggled that keyboard
and the laptop's and the key's seemed fine. The problem occurs when the
laptop is docked or not docked.

"Bob I" wrote:

On Monday, February 08, 2010 5:55 PM
Pegasus [MVP] wrote:

- Does it happen in Safe Mode too?
- Does it happen in Safe Mode too?
- Have you considered that RegCure (a registry cleaner) could have caused
this? Many people regard registry cleaners as useless at best and damaging
at worst.
- If it is a recent problem, have you tried System Restore?

On Monday, February 08, 2010 5:56 PM
Pegasus [MVP] wrote:

Another thought: Does it happen in notepad or wordpad?
Another thought: Does it happen in notepad or wordpad?

On Monday, February 08, 2010 6:39 PM
CTIPres wrote:

Well, it just happened while I typed my reply to you.
Well, it just happened while I typed my reply to you. The two sentences that
I was typind got erased. No, I have not tried safe mode and have not done a
system restore, although, I am getting close to that option. I will try
notepad, but since it happened here, I think it can happen anywhere. Thanks
for helping....

"Pegasus [MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, February 08, 2010 6:45 PM
CTIPres wrote:

it is like a ctrl-z that happens randomly no matter what application isrunning.
it is like a ctrl-z that happens randomly no matter what application is
running. Even while typing in this reply box it could happen.

"Gordon" wrote:

On Monday, February 08, 2010 10:00 PM
virginiab wrote:

This happens to me too, but not all the time. It seems to be random.
This happens to me too, but not all the time. It seems to be random. Do you have a Microsoft Wireless keyboard 5000?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 1:52 AM
DE wrote:

1) Change batteries in keyboard.
1) Change batteries in keyboard.
2) Change to a wired keyboard
3) This assumes you are not using a touchpad, where it is darned easy to
erase things you have typed if you do not have the controls tweaked right.

CTIPres wrote:

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 12:07 PM
CTIPres wrote:

No, but it is a Microsoft 4000 wireless keyboard.
No, but it is a Microsoft 4000 wireless keyboard. Another person said to
change the batteries. I may give that a try. Did you find a solution?

"virginiab" wrote:

On Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:16 AM
VanguardLH wrote:

CTIPres wrote:Did you see if the problem goes away if you disable the laptop's
CTIPres wrote:

Did you see if the problem goes away if you disable the laptop's touchpad?
Your heels coming close or touching the pad could be generating random
keystrokes. Some laptops have a button along their frame to enable/disable
the touchpad.

On Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:20 AM
James wrote:

I am having the same problem.
I am having the same problem. Dell laptop using docking station and have replaced the keyboard (not wireless) Any help would be appreciated because it is so random it is hard to find.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products

On Wednesday, April 14, 2010 11:05 AM
Pegasus [MVP] wrote:

The author of the thread you quote appears to think that he invoked "undo"but
The author of the thread you quote appears to think that he invoked "undo"
but he most probably hit Ctrl+A (=select all) instead of Shift+A, then some
other letter, thus causing his text to disappear. You are probably subject
to the same phenomenon. In some applications (e.g. MS Word), Ctrl+Z would
actually fix the wrong keystroke. Other applications (e.g. Outlook) are less
forgiving unless you press Ctrl+Z immediately.

On Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:41 AM
Pete wrote:

James - this is not the case. I suffer from the same problem.
James - this is not the case. I suffer from the same problem. The problem occurs when there is no input being typed on any sort of keyboard attached to my dell laptop (running XP SP3 and Office 2003). Has anyone found a fix yet?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/The-undo-function-occurs-randomly-on-various-MS-products

On Friday, July 09, 2010 10:49 AM
Gregory Mathiesen wrote:

Me too. Any solution?
I am having the same problem with a Dell D620 laptop using its keyboard or docked to an external keyboard.

Win XP, Office 2007.

On Friday, July 09, 2010 10:52 AM
Gregory Mathiesen wrote:

Me too. Any solution?
I am having the same problem with a Dell D620 laptop using its keyboard or docked to an external keyboard.

In fact it just happened twice while I was typing this message in Firefox.

The problem is not limited to MS apps.

Win XP, Office 2007.

On Friday, July 09, 2010 10:54 AM
Gregory Mathiesen wrote:

Me too. Any solution?
I am having the same problem with a Dell D620 laptop using its keyboard or docked to an external keyboard.

In fact, the problem occurred several times as I was typing this message in Firefox.

Win XP, Office 2007, Firefox.

Producer/Consumer Queue and BlockingCollection in C# 4.0
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7d10d73c-321c-446e-8b6d-b81ee8d9b314/producerconsumer-queue-and-blockingcollection-in-c-40.aspx