From: Valfisio on
The HP 50G calculator uses SD cards.
Is it possible to use other types of cards?
Has anyone tried to use MMC cards?
Thanks.

Valfisio.
From: TW on
> The HP 50G calculator uses SD cards.
> Is it possible to use other types of cards?
> Has anyone tried to use MMC cards?

I know I had an MMC card that worked several years ago, there may be
some new revisions that cause it to stop working. . .

HPGCC programs that use the hpgcc filesystem won't work with MMC
cards.

TW
From: DanK on
MMC card should work okay.

MMC cards will normally work in SD slots okay.

SD cards were designed off of MMC cards, but are normally a little
thicker. So and SD card may not fit in a MMC slot, but a MMC card
should fit and work okay in a SD card slot. And there have been
several reports of MMC cards being used in the HP 50G.
From: Gaak on
On Nov 28, 10:32 pm, Valfisio <valfi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> The HP 50G calculator uses SD cards.
> Is it possible to use other types of cards?
> Has anyone tried to use MMC cards?
Yes, look my two memory cards (SD and MMC):
http://i35.tinypic.com/2wn38s6.jpg

I have verified that both works correctly.

Cheers,
- Gaak -
From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
"TW" <timwessman(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The HP 50G calculator uses SD cards.
>> Is it possible to use other types of cards?
>> Has anyone tried to use MMC cards?
>
> I know I had an MMC card that worked several years ago, there may be
> some new revisions that cause it to stop working. . .
>
> HPGCC programs that use the hpgcc filesystem won't work with MMC
> cards.

I have used a Nokia Communicator 9110 8 MB MMC
and I currently have a SanDisk 64 MB MMC

"&�"#"�&" they can not be read by the nice SDfiler
l can copy the files I need (using a card-reader in my PC)
to a SanDisk 64MG SD, which works fine with the SDfiler

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: What SD card?
Next: Announce: HPGCC2/HPAPINE for OS/X