From: Steve Holden on
Aahz wrote:
> In article <mailman.555.1268232321.23598.python-list(a)python.org>,
> John Posner <jjposner(a)optimum.net> wrote:
>> Bruno (and anyone else interested) --
>>
>> As I promised/threatened, here's the *start* of a write-up on
>> properties, aimed at non-advanced Python programmers:
>>
>> http://www.jjposner.net/media/python-properties-0310.pdf
>
> I'm interested, but not interested enough to download a PDF and fire up
> a PDF reader. Are you really using features that require PDF instead of
> just writing a web page?

For us standard browser users it's a single click, of course.

Are you really forced to use an environment that can't start a PDF
reader by clicking on a link?

I appreciate that some people are disabled in ways that rule out reading
a PDF, but since John has gone to some personal trouble to write this
document he's surely entitled to choose his medium ...

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119
See PyCon Talks from Atlanta 2010 http://pycon.blip.tv/

From: John Bokma on
aahz(a)pythoncraft.com (Aahz) writes:

> In article <mailman.555.1268232321.23598.python-list(a)python.org>,
> John Posner <jjposner(a)optimum.net> wrote:
>>
>>Bruno (and anyone else interested) --
>>
>>As I promised/threatened, here's the *start* of a write-up on
>>properties, aimed at non-advanced Python programmers:
>>
>> http://www.jjposner.net/media/python-properties-0310.pdf
>
> I'm interested, but not interested enough to download a PDF and fire up
> a PDF reader. Are you really using features that require PDF instead of
> just writing a web page?

http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jjposner.net%2Fmedia%2Fpython-properties-0310.pdf

Hth,

--
John Bokma j3b

From: John Posner on
On 3/21/2010 5:34 PM, Aahz wrote:
> In article<mailman.555.1268232321.23598.python-list(a)python.org>,
> John Posner<jjposner(a)optimum.net> wrote:
>>
>> Bruno (and anyone else interested) --
>>
>> As I promised/threatened, here's the *start* of a write-up on
>> properties, aimed at non-advanced Python programmers:
>>
>> http://www.jjposner.net/media/python-properties-0310.pdf
>
> I'm interested, but not interested enough to download a PDF and fire up
> a PDF reader. Are you really using features that require PDF instead of
> just writing a web page?

No, I compose text using a WYSIWYG editor, and I assumed that PDF was a
convenient format for others.

I've been working on the writeup, and marking it up for use on the
Python Wiki. So I've gone ahead and published it:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/ComputedAttributesUsingPropertyObjects

For good measure, I've also been working on an updated writeup for
"property" in the "Built-in Functions" section of the official Python
docs. A draft is in HTML format at:

http://cl1p.net/jjp_python_property_ref.html/

Thanks for your interest! All comments are most welcome.

-John

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: getting rpy2 from repository