From: Dj Mabeizy on
Dear all

I have a computer on the network that will not install windows update.
Computer in three weeks that won't install this update on the
following updates were not installed:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for
Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Pentium 4
Microsoft Office 2003

I have tried the following below:

Uninstall the .NET 2.0 Update KB976569. Reboot. Apply KB974417
successfully, Reboot. The KB975569 update and failed again.

Please can you assist or advise?

Please note is only this particular update that would not install.

Regards,

Ben
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974417

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB974417).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.
--
Windows Update-specific newsgroup: