From: Ian Sweeney on
Updates were unable to be successfully installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416)

Error Code: 0x13EC

--
Thanks for any help you can offer,

Ian Sweeney

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"Ian Sweeney" <IanSweeney(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Updates were unable to be successfully installed:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416)
>
> Error Code: 0x13EC

What is the context of that code in the logs?

Note that other context may be found with the decimal equivalent
of that hex value.

<cmd_output>
>net helpmsg 5100

Asia
</cmd_output>

And sometimes codes are bogus... ; )

Try a search? Note that once the download phase of an automated update
is done it is often helpful to look for help with install problems further afield
than this newsgroup, especially if the install problems persist when you try
to download the update and install it manually.

FWIW the following links were found with this search expression
on MS Live Search:

(0x13EC OR 5100 OR 13EC) framework install error site:microsoft.com

BTW the same search expression could be used on Google.

<quote>
When this problem occurs, the installation returns error code 5100.
This code indicates that the installation could not be completed successfully.
</quote>

This hit reminds me to tell you two things:
1. sometimes codes are so generic that they are almost useless,
even with their context, so look above the code's context for other codes
and more specific clues about what happened
2. you haven't disclosed your OS ; }

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1219887&SiteID=1

This one contains a solution for an XP Media Center owner
who happened to have an older unsupported version of the product installed.
E.g. instructions on how to identify that case and fix it were given by Vasudev MVP.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

From: Ian Sweeney on