From: LD55ZRA on
Tracy wrote:

>hello,
>
>i'm downloading the full package now.
>
>should automatic updates be set to "manual" or "disabled"?
>i currently have it set to disabled, but want to make sure that i understand
>what you are saying.
>thank you

I would turn off Automatic Updates completely because there is no marked
improvement to my enjoyment of using Windows XP nor there is any
improvement in security of Windows XP. All the evidence point s to
destabilization of Windows OS by these updates since September 2009 when
Windows 7 was officially released. Microsoft's idea is to force
everybody to move on to Windows 7 even if some people would have to buy
a new machine altogether.

hth