From: Mircea Pleteriu on
Hi,

I'm developing a class which for a given filepath has to open the MS Excel
and extend the context menu with a new item. When the item is clicked all it
has to do is to display a message box.
Everything works fine. But if the message box is not confirmed (closed by
the user) in a few seconds the "Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for
another application to complete an OLE action" is fired by Excel.

I want the customer to take his time to read the text and confirm (or not)
the message box.

How to handle this?

Many thanks,
Mircea

From: Jim Rech on
Adding Application.DisplayAlerts = False before invoking the other instance
may help.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

From: Mircea Pleteriu on
Thanks. It works.
Second problem. While the message box is displayed, it looks like that the
surface of Excel is stuck. That is, if I move the message box window the
surface of Excel gets dirty.

Any idea how to solve this?

From: Bob Phillips on
Have you got screenupdating turned off?