From: samsonk on
I keep getting the error message when trying to execute

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application myexcel = new
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application()

In the bigining the error message was

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error:
80070005.

But after reading and implementing some blogs suggestions like
http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/02/589.aspx

The error changed to

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID
{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} from the IClassFactory failed due to
the following error: 8001010a

The application works perfect on my local the problem is on the hosting
server, windows 2003 server ( I have tried to give all the permission to
Network service administrator in DCOMCNFG and excel is installed on the
server too) but I keep on getting this error , from what I noticed every time
this line (Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application myexcel = new
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application()

is Executed I see EXCEL.EXE on task manager with the corresponding user
name ,NETWORK SERVICE and then fail to proceed with the error message given
above

From: samsonk on
Here is the error message again
Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID
{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} from the IClassFactory failed due to
the following error: 8001010a
Thanks

From: Patrick Molloy on
you have a reference set to the object model?

From: Chip Pearson on

I don't know why you would get that error, but

&H8001010a translates
The message filter indicated that the application is busy.

and

&H80070005 translates to
Access is denied.

The only thing that comes to mind, and it is a long shot, is that
you're building a single-instance application and you have some Excel
process running in the background.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

From: Samson on

Thanks for your replay

I agree that the error is saying excel is busy ..But the Question is
why it is busy?, and how can i know what is running in the back
ground?. the thing is in my development computer the application works
perfect. i am thinking it is an issue of some kind of configuration in
server (office excel or firewall or antivirus softwares) a
please any suggestion is appreciated

Thanks you