From: gerry on
yep - plus the ability to watch / ignore / hide read & other custom filters
/ block senders / one line summary with unlimited items ( single page ) /

From: Andrew Morton on
Craig Berntson wrote:
> I agree

As do I.

>, but what it really comes down to is cost. Microsoft no longer
> wishes to spend on the support of newsgroups.
> The decision has been
> debated for sometime in private Microsoft newsgroups <snip>

Is that because they knew it would be an unpopular move?

Adobe did the same with ex-Macromedia products newsgroups, and many valuable
contributors did not migrate to the forums.

> The decision <snip> will not be changed.

Oh well... off to investigate the NNTP Bridge...

--
Andrew

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 05/05/2010 in message <84dj4iF5t8U1(a)mid.individual.net> Andrew Morton
wrote:

>Oh well... off to investigate the NNTP Bridge...

I found it so slow it was still down-loading headers while I had read all
my proper posts. They'll all be HTML as well :-(

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it
From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-05-05, Jeff Gaines <jgaines_newsid(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 05/05/2010 in message <84dj4iF5t8U1(a)mid.individual.net> Andrew Morton
> wrote:
>
>>Oh well... off to investigate the NNTP Bridge...
>
> I found it so slow it was still down-loading headers while I had read all
> my proper posts. They'll all be HTML as well :-(

Ewww! Taht would be very painful for me - since my newsreader is slrn with
vim as my editor :)

--
Tom Shelton
From: Miro on
Who has the infrastructure to create a bla.public.dotnet.general ?
I have never looked into creating a new one... we could do that and we will
all start using that one and migrate to there :-)

This newgroup has been worth its weight in gold. I go on here just to read
posts and learn from everyone else.
The new format is just brutal for that.

Multiple webpages .... so much easier in a newsreader.

M.