From: Tom Willett on
You're going to have to find it on your own.

"robinb" <robinbk9_nospam(a)msn.com> wrote in message
:
: as long as ms tells us where windows update will now be- I do not mind
: finding it via the browser instead of the newsgroup
: robin
: "Hot-text" <hot-text(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: news:44320319-36F0-4235-B0A2-A31E45F17961(a)microsoft.com...
: > GOOD BY microsoft.public.windowsupdate
: >
: > See you in the Forums "PA Bear [MS MVP]" you all remember always have
: > good InFo is the right way to help the OP!
: >
: >
: > <nntp(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:u0NVup$6KHA.2240(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: >> Date 5/4/2010
: >> Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively
closing
: >> down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the
: >> rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to
: >> worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.
: >>
: >> Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort,
: >> consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors
: >> to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community
environment
: >> with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search
: >> engines. Additionally, forums offer a better user and off-topic
: >> management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by
: >> facilitating discussions in a clean space.
: >>
: >> We understand that some newsgroups are still active, and important to
the
: >> community. In the coming days and weeks, we will be rolling out tools
: >> and resources to minimize disruption to the community discussions.
: >>
: >> We are working diligently on providing additional resources and
: >> information in local languages later this week. In the meantime,
please
: >> refer to the official Microsoft Newsgroup website
: >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx concerning
: >> this issue. The Microsoft Newsgroup website will be made available in
: >> additional languages in the next few days.
: >>