From: PVR on
These appear in Printers and Faxes. What are they? Do I need them?

Many thanks,

Peter

From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <OSyAYY8tKHA.6124(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, PVR
<peterv666(a)roadrunner.com> writes:
>These appear in Printers and Faxes. What are they? Do I need them?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Peter

Don't know about the second one, but the first is a way of "printing" to
a file; not sure what sort of file. A lot of .pdf generators (pdf995
being the best-known, I think) work like this: you "print" to them, and
a PDF file results. ("XPS" suggests it might be something to do with
Postscript.)

Try printing using them; if it prompts for a filename, see what sort of
file they produce, and then try opening it.
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

One death from beef on the bone might be expected every 20 years at the current
rate, but 40,000 people will die falling downstairs in that time. Should we
make
bungalows compulsory? ("Equinox" on Risk, April 1999, paraphrased by Polly
Toynbee in Radio Times)
From: DL on
Nothing to do with winxp, they are printer drivers installed when you
installed MS Office.
Only you know if you need them, or will use them, uninstalling wont give you
anything extra