From: jodleren on
Hi all

We have some intranet thing, which needs to be transferred from MS
Access to SQL server.

I have serious problems with fieldnames and tablenames with spaces,
and using SQL Explorer is even hard.

MS SQL Server can import from MS Access, but I cannot see into certain
tables without SQL Explorer simply crashing.

E.g. How do I translate this into MS SQL?
select top 1 job.[CAM File],[material], job.[description] from job
where job.[CAM file] <> ""

I am wondering whether to rename a lot of tables and fields.

BTW, why does "select * from job" makes the system crash?
I mean, what can go wrong in importing data?
Something must be very different in the structures of the system (yes,
but what?)

Sonnich
From: Patrice on
Hi,

The error being ? SQL Server uses also []. Note thought that it uses singles
quotes ( ie where job.[CAM file]<>'')

Always give the exact error you get. I'm not sure also what you call "SQL
Explorer" (is this SQL Server Management Studio ?).

--
Patrice

From: Philipp Post on
> I have serious problems with fieldnames and tablenames with spaces, and using SQL Explorer is even hard. <

You might want to use SQL Server Management Studio from Microsoft
instead of the Borland tool. It comes with SQL Server. If you do not
have it, a copy of the express (free) version can be downloaded from
the Microsoft download center.

brgds

Philipp Post