From: Jon Harrop on
Whenever I call the MinCut function the Mathematica (7.0.1) kernel dies.
Even with trivial examples like:

MinCut[{1 -> 2}, 2]

Does everyone else observe this?

http://www.ffconsultancy.com

From: Peter Pein on
Am Sun, 1 Aug 2010 08:56:49 +0000 (UTC)
schrieb "Jon Harrop" <usenet(a)ffconsultancy.com>:

> Whenever I call the MinCut function the Mathematica (7.0.1) kernel
> dies. Even with trivial examples like:
>
> MinCut[{1 -> 2}, 2]
>
> Does everyone else observe this?

Only when I try to execute the examples inside the help-system.
Copying into a notebook and executing exactly the same stuff does no
harm.

Peter

From: peter on
I ran the "Basic Examples" in the the helpfiles and found no problem.

Mac OS X 10.6.4, Mathematica v 7.0.1.0

P Lindsay

From: Leonid Shifrin on
Jon,

Your example runs fine for me (M7.0.0):

In[15]:= Needs["GraphUtilities`"]

In[16]:= MinCut[{1 -> 2}, 2]

Out[16]= {{1}, {2}}

Have no data on 7.0.1 though.

Regards,
Leonid

From: Jon Harrop on
Thanks for the responses. This is very odd because MinCut crashes the
Mathematica kernel all the time with Mathematica 7.0.1 under Windows Vista whether I
run it in the help system or its own notebook...