From: dama1 on
After three hours on the phone with HP (because my all-in-one quit
functioning), the tech ran out of options after uninstalling and reloading
software. He ran a SFC/Scannow (Windows File Protection) as a last resort
thinking the problem was with the OS. We got the message "Files that are
required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache. Insert
your Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM now." I did, and the process completed
without any error messages. After removing the OS disk, I ran SFC/Scannow
again (Trust but Verify). I got the same message as before running with the
OS disk installed. Evidently the files needed did not copy to the DLL cache.
What am I doing wrong and how can I resolve this?
I have Windows XP running on a Dell Vostro 200. Any input is appreciated.
Dave G.
From: Leonard Grey on
You're not doing anything wrong and there is no problem.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est