From: Steinar Moum on
Let us say I bring my AD bound MBP pro with mobile accounts out of the
job network, and take a long trip abroad � many months.

Will the mobile account be active all the time? Let us assume that the
MBP will always be used without any form of network contact on this trip.

yours

sm
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <steinar.moum-A54168.09535804082010(a)nntp.uio.no>,
Steinar Moum <steinar.moum(a)usit.uio.no> wrote:

> Let us say I bring my AD bound MBP pro with mobile accounts out of the
> job network, and take a long trip abroad � many months.
>
> Will the mobile account be active all the time? Let us assume that the
> MBP will always be used without any form of network contact on this trip.
>
> yours
>
> sm

I'm betting you'l b able to log in normally.

A simple test will tell you if you will be able to log in while outside
of the network. Simply:

1. Log out or shut down.
2. Disconnect the computer from the network. If you connect with
Ethernet, unplug the cable. If you connect wirelessly, turn off Airport.
3. Power up and/or log in.

JR
From: Steinar Moum on
In article <jollyroger-6B4043.08192404082010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> A simple test will tell you if you will be able to log in while outside
> of the network. Simply:
>
> 1. Log out or shut down.
> 2. Disconnect the computer from the network. If you connect with
> Ethernet, unplug the cable. If you connect wirelessly, turn off Airport.
> 3. Power up and/or log in.

I have (of course) done that and it works as expected. Will it work
after 4 month, is the question.

sm
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <steinar.moum-14D19B.18400204082010(a)readme.uio.no>,
Steinar Moum <steinar.moum(a)usit.uio.no> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-6B4043.08192404082010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > A simple test will tell you if you will be able to log in while outside
> > of the network. Simply:
> >
> > 1. Log out or shut down.
> > 2. Disconnect the computer from the network. If you connect with
> > Ethernet, unplug the cable. If you connect wirelessly, turn off Airport.
> > 3. Power up and/or log in.
>
> I have (of course) done that and it works as expected. Will it work
> after 4 month, is the question.
>
> sm

That's something only the people who administer your Active Directory
network will know.

JR