From: DavidC on
I added a modal popup to my asp.net page and it works great. However, every
time I open the page the modal popup panel flashes and then disappears. I am
using framework 3.5 and wondered how I can avoid the flash when opening the
page. Thanks.
--
David
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On May 5, 2:56 pm, DavidC <dlch...(a)lifetimeinc.com> wrote:
> I added a modal popup to my asp.net page and it works great. However, every
> time I open the page the modal popup panel flashes and then disappears. I am
> using framework 3.5 and wondered how I can avoid the flash when opening the
> page.  Thanks.
> --
> David

Are you sure that you do not show it in code behind or on the client
during page load?
From: DavidC on

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On May 5, 2:56 pm, DavidC <dlch...(a)lifetimeinc.com> wrote:
> > I added a modal popup to my asp.net page and it works great. However, every
> > time I open the page the modal popup panel flashes and then disappears. I am
> > using framework 3.5 and wondered how I can avoid the flash when opening the
> > page. Thanks.
> > --
> > David
>
> Are you sure that you do not show it in code behind or on the client
> during page load?
> .

The Panel is not hidden when page loads. Should it be visible = false and
then the ModalPopup control will make it visible? Thanks.

David
From: CodeMasterRobertoM on
Hi David,
I had the same problem, what you can do is set the “popupcontroid” panel to
absolute position to remove it off the screen. That will not cause the panel
to flicker during page load.

sample code
<asp:ModalPopupExtender ID="ModalPopupExtender1" runat="server"
TargetControlID="lnkSelectTheme"
PopupControlID="pnlThemSelector"
BackgroundCssClass="modalBackground" CancelControlID="btnCancelSelectTheme">
</asp:ModalPopupExtender>
<asp:Panel ID="pnlThemSelector" runat="server" Width="200px"
BackColor="White" Style="position: absolute;
top: 200060px; left: 2200000px;">
<asp:Panel ID="pnlThemeSelectorDrag" runat="server" Width="200px"
BackColor="Gray">
</asp:Panel>
<asp:Panel ID="pnlthemeoptions" runat="server" BackColor="White">
<asp:RadioButtonList runat="server" ID="rblThemes">
<asp:ListItem Text="Green"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="Blue"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="Purple"></asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Text="Orange"></asp:ListItem>
</asp:RadioButtonList>
<asp:Button ID="btnSelectTheme" runat="server" Text="Select"
class="art-button" OnClick="btnSelectTheme_Click" />
<asp:Button ID="btnCancelSelectTheme" runat="server"
Text="Exit" class="art-button" />
</asp:Panel>
</asp:Panel>