From: Daniel Völkerts on
Hi,

I'd like to implement a standalone application using

JRuby 1.4
MySQL
ActiveRecord
Monkeybars

A few years ago, I evaluated Monkeybars using videos, netbeans and the
tutorial. Today, the webpages
http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/examples.html seems, out of date and the
Kenia Project page http://kenai.com/projects/monkeybars is not complete
(wiki marks each pages with some keywords).

How to start from scratch? How to generate the project stub? With
Netbeans 6.7.1, am I able to use a Ruby Project instead of a Java
Project for Matisse to work?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Daniel

From: James Britt on
Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Daniel Völkerts wrote:

>>> The video tutorials at the Rubyforge site are current and informative.
>>> I wish there were more in written form, but there isn't. :)
>> Mmm, I seemed to be blind eyed.
>
> I'd say so. :)
>
>> At the rubyforge site, I can' find any
>> videos.
>
> Did you check out the tutorials at
> http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/tutorials.html ? Several of these
> contain screencasts with a recent version of Monkeybars.

Are you sure the version of Monkeybars in these videos is *recent*?
Version 1.x?

Since I hear David Koontz' voice videos, these may be a bit dated.

There probably aren't any major differences, though a few things may
have been added or renamed since the version in the tutorials.

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com - Smart application development