From: Lie Ryan on
On 12/24/2009 8:00 AM, MRAB wrote:

> >>> print first_twin == second_twin
> True

err... I don't think there is any situation where first_twin ==
second_twin wouldn't be considered a bug. They look similar, they act
similar, and they quack the same; though you can almost always treat
them the same they are still ultimately different person?
From: Steven D'Aprano on
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 19:03:36 +0000, MRAB wrote:

>> if whatDo == 'insert':
>> theVal = defaultVal
>> val = defaultVal
>>
> What's the difference between theVal and val? The names don't help me!

Oh MRAB! Isn't it obvious? theVal has a leading definite article while
val doesn't!

Really MRAB, if you can't comprehend such clear and obvious code, you'll
never be a good programmer!

--
Steven
From: Albert van der Horst on
In article <4b328813$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au>,
Lie Ryan <lie.1296(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> True
>
>err... I don't think there is any situation where first_twin ==
>second_twin wouldn't be considered a bug. They look similar, they act
>similar, and they quack the same; though you can almost always treat
>them the same they are still ultimately different person?

They have a different Personal-Identification-Number as required by
the Tax Office, so they are different. Also probably they have
different fingerprints.

Groetjes Albert.

albert(a)spe&ar&c.xs4all.nl &=n http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst