From: Paul Förster on
Hi,

.... I did convert my C64C from NTSC to PAL, i.e. swapped the VIC-II,
crystal and shorted J3. And all was well...

Now I decided to exchange the RF modulator too because I wanted to have
the chance to attach a TV. I tried three RF modulators from three
different C64Cs, but none of them gave me anything that looked remotely
like a TV signal. The TV just kept scanning the whole scale. Just to be
sure I attached another C64C to the TV and it displayed a nice picture.
I then put the three RF modulators that I tried back in the C64Cs where
they came from and they work well there.

So, were there different models of the (supposedly) "same" RF
modulator? Or are there any compatibility issues? Or do I simply have
to do more than the above three things and swap the modulator?

Just wondering... It would be nice if that worked...
--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster(a)gmx.net

From: Bill Garber on

"Paul F�rster" <paul.foerster(a)gmx.net> wrote in
message news:7s3ekgFohmU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> Hi,
> ... I did convert my C64C from NTSC to PAL, i.e. swapped the VIC-II, crystal and shorted J3. And all was well...
>
> Now I decided to exchange the RF modulator too because I wanted to have the chance to attach a TV. I tried three RF modulators
> from three different C64Cs, but none of them gave me anything that looked remotely like a TV signal. The TV just kept scanning the
> whole scale. Just to be sure I attached another C64C to the TV and it displayed a nice picture. I then put the three RF modulators
> that I tried back in the C64Cs where they came from and they work well there.
>
> So, were there different models of the (supposedly) "same" RF modulator? Or are there any compatibility issues? Or do I simply
> have to do more than the above three things and swap the modulator?
>
> Just wondering... It would be nice if that worked...

Could it be that you've switched the computer to PAL,
and are trying to display it on an NTSC TV? :-)))

Bill

From: Paul Förster on
Hi Bill,

> Could it be that you've switched the computer to PAL,
> and are trying to display it on an NTSC TV? :-)))

.... no. I live in PAL country and it's a PAL TV. :)
--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster(a)gmx.net

From: Bill Garber on

"Paul F�rster" <paul.foerster(a)gmx.net> wrote in
message news:7s6520F7tbU1(a)mid.individual.net...
> Hi Bill,
>
>> Could it be that you've switched the computer to PAL,
>> and are trying to display it on an NTSC TV? :-)))
>
> ... no. I live in PAL country and it's a PAL TV. :)

NTSC RF Modulators? :-) Hell, I don't know. We only
have NTSC here. I mean, as far as up until they went
to HD, which I refuse to switch to until I can get a
24" or bigger TV for $50. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill

From: Sam on
Hello Paul,

I think those articles are usefull: