From: John Robertson on
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:10:31 GMT, John Robertson <spam(a)flippers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Years ago (1980s?) I had a program from Motorola on 1.4" floppy that
>> would allow me to input a characteristic and the program would reply
>> with a list of transistors that matched. I have long since lost it...
>>
>> Has anyone got a copy or know of something similar? Motorola was
>> handing this out to anyone that asked, so I would assume it is
>> essentially public domain.
>>
>> John :-#)#
>
> I probably have one buried somewhere. However, the associated data is
> really ancient. Do you really want the old products?
>
> The modern version is online:
> <http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/library/prod_lib.jsp>
> under "Parametric Seartch".

Actually the data that I want is indeed ancient! I am substituting
transistors from the 1970s and need to find better x-refs than ECG etc
provide. Some of the circuits used a specific transistor due to its
exact gain characteristics and others just don't work quite right...

So, if you do have that floppy lying around I really could use a zipped
copy (the return email address is quite valid - spam(a)fl...).

Thanks!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
From: Michael A. Terrell on

Meat Plow wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:10:31 +0000, John Robertson wrote:
>
> > Years ago (1980s?) I had a program from Motorola on 1.4" floppy that
> > would allow me to input a characteristic and the program would reply
> > with a list of transistors that matched. I have long since lost it...
> >
> > Has anyone got a copy or know of something similar? Motorola was
> > handing this out to anyone that asked, so I would assume it is
> > essentially public domain.
> >

> Didn't Motorola migrate this to a web-based interface?

Yes, before they spun off ON Semiconductors. Then a lot of useful
information was taken down. All their old data sheets and application
notes were hosted by a contractor and it all disappeared, over night.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.