From: Jeff on
I had the same problem w/ Excel 2003 SP3. I've been using the same
spreadsheet with several listboxes for months and never noticed it until
today. I don't explicitly remember using the scroll wheel in the box, but it
seems odd that I wouldn't have...

I didn't find a solution, but I did update my mouse driver (from logitech).
Now the wheel doesn't work, but at least Excel doesn't crash. If anyone
knows how to make the wheel work, I'd be interested to know.